Check out our list below to increase your open rates and ensure your emails are successful.
- Does your ‘from name’ include your company name and/or brand?
- Does it meet the guidelines for length (5-8 words of about 40 characters, including spaces)?
- Is there a sense of urgency?
- Will the recipient see a specific benefit?
- Is your brand mentioned if is not mentioned in your ‘from line’ for some reason?
- Does it avoid words like “free” or multiple exclamation marks that could trigger spam filters?
- Will the content of the email be interesting and relevant to the people you’re sending it to?
- Is the email personalized to include the recipient’s first name, last name or both, if appropriate?
- Does the copy come across as clear and concise?
- Will contacts know what to do when they receive the email? Should they call you directly? Print something out? Provide comments or feedback?
- Can recipients see a clear benefit that your product or service will give them? Will they save money? Time?
- Are there appropriate graphics included with good use of white space?
- Are you prepared for inbound responses resulting from your email?
- Have you proofread the from line, subject line and email copy thoroughly?
- Do all the weblinks work correctly and go to the right URLs?
- Have you tested the HTML and plain text? Have you sent yourself a copy of both?