Your email signature is as important as any other part of your corporate identity. Using a badly designed email signature is akin to writing your details on a scrap of paper and handing it to a client or prospect. It will get the job done, but what will the recipient think of such a blatant act of poor professionalism?
Too many companies often let their employees create their own email signatures, without any thoughts as to how they might appear to others. It might look interesting for an employee to create a signature with animations and colorful fonts, but it’s simply not appropriate when it comes to conveying a professional image. It makes more sense to have a simple, clean signature including the company logo. Not only does this communicate a higher level of legitimacy and professionalism to anyone who receives it, but it also provides instant brand recognition for your company.
Another misconception by non-technical computer users is that what an email message looks like as you click SEND is what it will look like to the recipient. Every part of an email message is actually a small HTML program that gets transmitted from one computer to another (or smartphone or tablet). The device that receives this program then reads the HTML and displays the email message based on its interpretation of the HTML instructions it receives. Do It Yourself email signatures inevitably perform sub-optimally if they are not designed with strong HTML and reflect negatively on your brand.
Why does this happen so much?
The main reason is that email signatures are perceived to be of low value. Even though email has emerged as one of the primary forms of communications this century, employees don’t often realize that corporate electronic communications reflect the tone of an organization just as much as letterheads, business cards etc. The better an email signature is, the more value it adds to a brand.
In the end, why risk your professional image by not instituting a company-wide email signature?
Dedicated software can be used to manage signatures, apply updates instantly for every user and set rules to decide who should receive which signature. By managing email branding, you can easily amend and refresh email signatures across your entire organization, as well as regulate them.
What are my choices?
- Office 365 users get a full email signature on all devices.
- Signatures are controlled via an intuitive web portal.
- See and choose signatures in Outlook before sending an email.
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified – the most secure Office 365 signature service available.
- Distributes email signatures directly to the end user’s Outlook client.
- Works with Outlook, OWA and Office 365.
- Users choose their signature as they type and send their message.
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003.
- Adds signatures to all email that’s processed by your Exchange server.
- This includes any email from any device or client, even smartphones and automated systems like your CRM.
- Users cannot modify the signature details.
- Compatible with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, 2010 and 2007.
Regardless of which software you choose, the benefits to your brand will be immediate and well worth the effort.