Do you feel swamped by emails, whether they are personal or work related? We think that we can speak for most people when we say that you are not alone in struggling with the never ending deluge of constant messages. Do you ever wonder how many emails are actually sent out every hour, every day and every year?
We thought that we would present some facts from Unroll.me which highlight some of the scariest facts about email that may make your head spin.
- The 1st ever spam email was sent on 3 May 1978 to 400 ARPANET users.
- Some 122,500,453,020 emails are sent every hour globally.
- 16 million phishing emails are sent every day.
- The average person in the US spends four hours a day reading, composing and replying to email messages.
- In 2013, 84% of email traffic was spam.
- 4 trillion+ words are consumed from email in the US per year.
Check out the full infographic below: