Never has email marketing been more scrutinized than it is now. With the constant deluge of daily spam emails, public perception of email as a marketing channel has become much more negative. This has been compounded by various studies that have questioned its overall usefulness.
However, according to the State of Marketing Measurement Survey Report 2014, email marketing is still the preferred channel for generating high-value leads.
Check out some of these facts that might make you reconsider your opinion on why email marketing is still so important:
- By 2016, there will be 4.3 billion email accounts. This is in comparison to there being 3.6 billion in 2013.
- 91% of consumers check their email at last once a day.
- 66% of consumers have made an online purchase based on receiving an email marketing message.
- 76% of emails are opened within the first two days of being sent.
- 74% of all online adults prefer using email as their method of commercial communication and is preferred over direct mail by a margin of nearly five to one.
- 64% of people open emails based on the subject line alone.
- Seven out of ten people have used a coupon or discount from a marketing email they received in a prior week.
- 82% of consumers open emails from companies.
- Email marketing has an ROI of 4,300%!
From these stats, you can clearly see that email marketing still works. In other words, your company should still be using it in your marketing activities!