How can you make your email stand out from the crowd and make an impact? One of the most important things to do is to cover all best practices before you hit send.
Check out our list of email best practices increase your open rates and ensure your emails are successful.
- Does your ‘from name’ include your company name and/or brand?
- Does it meet the guidelines for length (5-8 words of about 40 characters, including spaces)?
- Is there a sense of urgency?
- Will the recipient see a specific benefit?
- Is your brand mentioned if is not mentioned in your ‘from line’ for some reason?
- Does it avoid words like “free” or multiple exclamation marks that could trigger spam filters?
- Will the content of the email be interesting and relevant to the people you’re sending it to?
- Is the email personalized to include the recipient’s first name, last name or both, if appropriate?
- Does the copy come across as clear and concise?
- Will contacts know what to do when they receive the email? Should they call you directly? Print something out? Provide comments or feedback?
- Can recipients see a clear benefit that your product or service will give them? Will they save money? Time?
- Are there appropriate graphics included with good use of white space?
- Are you prepared for inbound responses resulting from your email?
- Have you proofread the from line, subject line and email copy thoroughly?
- Do all the weblinks work correctly and go to the right URLs?
- Have you tested the HTML and plain text? Have you sent yourself a copy of both?