Never has email marketing been more scrutinized than it is now. With the constant deluge of daily spam emails, public perception of email as a marketing channel has become much more negative. This has been compounded by various studies that have questioned its overall usefulness.
However, according to a report collated by Oberlo, email marketing is still the preferred channel for generating high-value leads.
Check out some of these email marketing facts that might make you reconsider your opinion on why this channel is still so important:
- By 2023, there will be 4.3 billion email accounts. This is in comparison to there being 3.9 billion in 2019.
- 293.6 billion emails were sent and receiving each day in 2019. This is expected to increase to 347.3 billion by 2023/
- For very $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect to see an average return of $42.
- 9 out of 10 marketers use email marketing for organic content distribution.
- 81% of SMBs still rely on email as their primary lead generation channel.
- Welcome emails have an average open rate of 82%.
- Personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- Sending three abandoned cart emails result in 69% more orders than sending one email.
- Adding videos to emails can lead to a 300% increase in click rates.
- 49% of consumers like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a weekly basis.
From these email marketing facts, you can clearly see that this channel still works. In other words, your company should still be using it in your marketing activities!